There’s an old Chinese proverb which says that the longer the noodles you eat the longer you live.
The Takeaway Packaging crew all agree that they want to live as long and as fully as possible, so we put our heads together, scoured dozens of recipes, heated our woks and trialled an insane amount of noodles.
We picked out the 3 best and easy to make noodle recipes that can be enjoyed on the go, in the office, in the park, and work perfectly in our bespoke noodle boxes.
Asian Garlic (Spaghetti) Noodles
(For full details check out damndelicious.net)
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 30 mins
This recipe is amazing, quick and uses the ingredients you will already have.
No fuss, super delicious.
If you allow spaghetti to count as noodles then you can get some really long ‘noodles’ and you’ll basically live forever!
1 tbsp olive oil
225g sliced mushrooms
1 diced red pepper
2 diced courgettes
1 grated carrot
2 tbsp fresh chopped coriander leaves
(optional) 350g peeled medium-size prawns
For the sauce
80ml reduced sodium soy sauce
3 minced garlic cloves
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp ground fresh chili paste (or more if you like it fiery!)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
1 tbsp sesame oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, chilli paste, oyster sauce, ginger and sesame oil; set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta; drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan/wok over medium high heat.
- If including add prawns, and 2 tablespoons soy sauce mixture, and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Otherwise/then stir in mushrooms, pepper, courgettes and carrot to the wok.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in spaghetti, (prawns) and remaining soy sauce mixture until well combined, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with coriander.
Gluten-Free Mexican Chicken Noodle Soup
(For the original recipe head over to Heather Christo’s post on heatherchristo.com)
Makes 8 servings
Prep Time: 11 mins
Noodle dishes don’t always have to contain gluten and they don’t always have to be Asian.
This recipe is as interesting and different as it is delicious.
Delight your customers with this gluten-free takeaway option and rest assured they’ll be back!
2 tbsp olive oil
1 finely diced yellow onion
1 minced clove garlic
330g fresh chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp cumin
1 litre chicken broth
180g diced celery
4 large peeled and diced carrots
1 ‘ear’ of corn (cut off the cob)
2 teaspoons dried oregano
435g cooked, shredded chicken breasts
227g gluten-free spaghetti noodles
Garnish: chopped avocado, cherry tomatoes, fresh coriander, lime wedges
- In a large pot, over medium heat add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the onion and the garlic.
- Saute until soft and golden, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the fresh tomatoes and cook, stirring in for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the dry spices and mix in and then the broth.
- Bring the soup to a boil and then place a lid on the pot and turn to lowest heat, simmering for 15 minutes.
- In the jar of a blender (in batches) or with an immersion blender, puree the soup base until smooth.
- Add the diced celery, carrots and the corn.
- Add the oregano and chicken breast and stir to combine.
- Place the lid back on the pot and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta to al dente.
- When the pasta is cooked, rinse well with cold water and then add to the soup.
- Season well with kosher salt and garnish with chopped avocado, cherry tomatoes and fresh coriander; serve with a lime wedge.
Vegan Spicy Sesame & Peanut Noodles
(Recipe courtesy of Kathleen Henry via produceonparde.com)
Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 25 mins
Vegan dishes have never been more popular. Keep your offering current and your vegan customers raving about you with this scrumptious dish.
Winter woes be gone! This warming lunchtime go-to is a sure winner!
550g dried spaghetti noodles
1 bunch of fresh chopped broccoli rabe, florets and stems
35g white sesame seeds + more for garnish
60ml sesame oil
60ml + 2 tbsp soy sauce
60ml rice wine vinegar
3 tbsp vegan granulated sugar
3 tbsp sliced fresh ginger
2 heaped tbsp creamy peanut butter
4 large roughly chopped garlic cloves
1 ½ tbsp fresh garlic chili paste, to taste
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
4 fresh sliced green onions
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat for the pasta.
- Cook according to the package, about 9 minutes, until al dente.
- When there’s about 3 minutes left for the noodles to cook, add the chopped broccoli rabe to parboil.
- Strain the noodles and broccoli rabe; return to the pot and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small frying pan toast the sesame seeds over medium-low heat for about 5-8 minutes until slightly golden brown and fragrant, stirring frequently (taking care not to burn). Place in blender once finished.
- Add the remaining ingredients in the blender along with the sesame seeds, excluding the green onions.
- Blend on high until super smooth.
- Stir into the cooked pasta and broccoli rabe until well combined along with the green onions.
- Serve warm with a smile!
Whether they’re Mexican, Asian, gluten-free, vegan, sticky, cold or warm, your noodles will look best in our fully customizable takeaway noodle boxes.
Reach out to our design team to make sure that your branded packaging stands up to the tastiness of your noodles.
And remember, long noodles = long life!